Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 6 - Part Two - I'm Walking The Floor Over You

We must have passed about 100 deer on the 13 miles to the ER in Casper. It was just about dusk, so there were plenty of them. We have deer whistles on the truck and they ran every time we drove close. Thank goodness.

The hospital in Custer has 10 rooms. The ER is in a separate building. They have 3 nurses on duty and one doctor. There had been two ladies in a car wreck before I got there and they kept apologizing for making us wait. I think we waited 15 minutes before I was seen!

I had a wonderful nurse named Charlene. She was an angel! She took my history and said the doctor would be in shortly. They determined I had a kidney stone (my 3rd or 4th, I forget). My blood pressure was 186/93! The pain was horrible! Probably a 7-8 on a scale of 1-10. I couldn't sit and couldn't stand. Ended up walking around the room a lot. The doctor suggested a CT to see where the stone was and how large. It was about to reach the bladder and was 3 mm. OUCH! Good pain meds and nausea medicine helped. She offered to give me morphine, but I opted for something not so strong! David would have had to pour me into the truck if I'd had that. When the IV was gone, I got to go home. We got back to the RV about 11:30 p.m. I slept so good!

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

No comments: