Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 35 - Yosemite with James Spann








What a place! It was cool last night and we slept well.

David got up early and started cooking breakfast for all of us! We had bacon, eggs, fried potatoes, toast, and plenty of ketchup! YUM! I actually peeled and cut up the potatoes. We only had one boo-boo and it was mine. The picnic table was close to the edge of a drop-off on our space and I didn't notice it. I did when I the table started to move and turn over! LOL I quickly stood up and righted the table. We moved it to more level ground!

John and Jean ate breakfast with us and then all toooo soon it was time for them to head home. We were sad to see them go, but it was great to catch up. They have a new granddaughter and what a cutie she is!

After they left, we got ready and headed back to Yosemite. This time I brought James Spann along and he was thrilled to see Yosemite. I also remembered to bring my telephoto lens. Some of the pictures in this day's blog are similar to yesterdays, but much closer.

My favorite on is the climbers! I didn't even know I'd captured them on the shot until I was reviewing them. They were climbing El Cap. If you are a Star Trek fan, this is where Capt. Kirk, Spock, and Bones were camping. Kirk fell off El Cap and Spock caught him by using jet boots. Now I get to see "real" people climbing El Cap! In the large shot of El Cap, you see the "nose" to the right. It's the sharp edge of El Cap. Next shot you see an inset of the face of El Cap. Until I blew up a "smudge" I saw, I didn't know it was three climbers going up the face. They won't finish the climb today, either!

The small thin fall is Ribbon Falls. The larger one is Horsetail Falls. The pool is just below Horsetail Falls. The top of Bridal Veil Falls shows how hard the wind/water blew.

We drove the rest of the loop, enjoyed a picnic, and decided to take tomorrow to view the giant sequoias. Can't wait to see them. We'll also visit Glacier Point.

We did get an email that our youngest grandson had fallen and broken his left arm. He's got a split on and will get a cast on Monday. Poor baby!

Leftovers for dinner and a walk in the RV park. Chrissy made a new friend - Lorenzo. He's 3 and from Italy. He understands English, but doesn't speak it, so his dad translated. He also has a 7 month old sister who is a real doll!

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

No comments: