Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 37 - Golfers, get ready for this one!!! Pebble Beach!







We pulled out from the campground about 8:45 this morning and headed down New Priest Grade. It wasn't bad! Far easier going down than up! LOL

We're headed for Carmel, California today - about 200 miles. Funny, Sir Garmin says it's a 4 hour drive. After driving SIX hours we know why. The road was like a snake. We went from about 6,000 ft to sea level.

Got to the campground and that was an experience in itself. We're actually in Carmel Valley, California. Very nice campground, but you have to cross a narrow, one lane metal bridge. The road beyond it isn't much wider than one lane. Try moving an RV to the side of the road to let someone else pass! WHEW!

We headed out for the 17 mile drive at Pebble Beach. While I could NEVER live in that place it was certainly work seeing it. It takes 2-3 hours to drive the entire drive because there are so many beautiful places to stop and take pictures. I had to change my 1G card out because I filled it! It's hard to decide which ones to keep!

I kept the clock picture! The clock by one of the many clubhouses is a ROLEX! I want one of those at my house! LOL

We saw seals, birds, and deer! We also saw golfers, but I didn't check them out too much as I'm not a golfer.

Enjoy the pix! Tomorrow is Santa Barbara!

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

No comments: