Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 43 - Part 3 - Stormy Weather!














Being hot and tired when I returned from Antelope Canyon, I took off my socks and shoes - inside. BIG MISTAKE! My shoes were full of red sandstone. I dumped it on the floor. Cleaned it up and we all took a nap.

I woke when I felt the RV move. I got up thinking someone must have knocked on the door, but Chrissy was sound asleep and David was, too.

I looked out the window and saw a huge storm coming. It was blowing dust our direction. The wind was making the RV sway even though David had the stabilizers down. When the storm got really close, the RV rocked really hard one time. Then it was over. Saw one or two raindrops hit the window and that was it.

We decided to ride down to the marina at Lake Powell. HUGE yachts and boats use the lake there. The photos I took are of the storm moving away over the mountains. I wasn't scared and it was actually pretty. It was too late in the day to see a rainbow. That would have made it perfect.

We're going to Flagstaff tomorrow instead of driving on the Gallup, NM. That change will put us back on schedule. It's hot and it's taking a good bit out of us, so a shorter day will be welcome.

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

No comments: