Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day 49 - Alabama meets Oklahoma!



We headed out early to OKC because we're meeting Donna, another of my online friends. We've come close to meeting before, but never could work it out, so today is the day!

It was nice and cool when we pulled out and stayed cool most of the day.

Just past Groom, TX we saw a leaning water tower. It really is leaning! LOL

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/1266

One thing I saw along I-40 that I REALLY liked! A rest area with a tornado shelter! That was just perfect! LOL I did see one really funny looking "vehicle" on a side road that looked like the TIV.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_Intercept_Vehicle

At 4:00 p.m. we met Donna at the campground! We've been emailing for years, but it marked our first visit. We went to dinner at a GREAT BBQ restaurant. Best ribs I've ever had! Chrissy really like visiting with Donna, too! LOL

All too soon we had to stop talking and go back to the campground. Donna lives in Tulsa so she had a drive back. It was great to finally meet her.

On a somewhat sad note: Our vacation will be ending here, but it's going to take two hard days of driving for David to get us home. My mother is back home from my sister's and she's not doing well. We've arranged for friends to help with her care until we get home. We don't know yet what's ahead, but pray for all of us as we travel home. The next few days will be difficult, but with your prayers, we'll make it. I will continue the blog until we reach home.

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

2 comments:

Southern Cheesehead said...

I finally found you after going to your old blog several times I figured you had a new address. I sent you an email and it came back with this address on it so I'm glad I finally found you...now to find the time to get caught up on all you've been doing! miss you!

Southern Cheesehead said...

Praying for your mom and for you guys as you travel back. Our friend Steph is in OKC right now and made it to the next step of Biggest Loser!