Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 45 - Gallup-ing off!

The high in Flagstaff yesterday was 83 degrees and this morning it's clear and cool - 43 degrees! Caught the laundry up and re-arranged the inside stuff!

We've now traveled 7,822 miles!

Off through the desert and then into some hills. More dust devils!

Stopped in Holbrook, AZ for a bite to eat for lunch and back on the road again!

New Mexico at 3:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time

I think Stephen King developed my seat belt. For no apparent reason, it suddenly grabs me and holds me against the seat. The only way to get loose is to take off the seatbelt. You can fix it and the next minute you're right back against the seat. I bet I took the seatbelt on and off about 50 times!

David decided to get a haircut in Gallup. If you've been a previous reader of our blogs, you know that these "vacation" haircuts don't usually go well. When he got out of the truck, I should have told him to not get "scalped." I'm sorry I didn't as he came back with a haircut that won't grow out before Christmas. He says it's cooler and it really doesn't look bad, but it's SHORT!

Liz - we took your suggestion of dinner at Earl's. I'll get even with you somehow! The food was great as was the service, but you forgot to mention the "visitors." Just wait.... LOL

After dinner we went to the El Rancho Hotel/Motel. It was great. It's an old hotel on Route 66 just down the road from our campground. During it's hey-day, many movies stars stayed here. They would film westerns in Monument Valley and come back here for the night. There was a player piano in the lobby. The top of the piano was playing the keys and a piano roll, but the bottom was playing percussion instruments. It was pretty neat!

Back to the RV and enjoying the breeze. No AC for us...fans feel great. Looks like it's raining off in the distance. They told us in the office that they get 12" of rain here a year. I can believe it!

Off to Albuquerque in the morning and to meet Liz!

See ya down the road!

Jenny :)

No comments: